About Me

My photo
Chicago, IL, United States
Every since I was a little girl watching "The Bob Newhart Show" I have wanted to move to Chicago. Now is my time and I am super excited!! Call me crazy - but life is too short not to go for it!! In this blog I will be documenting all the ups and downs of our adventure -

Search This Blog

September 21, 2010

Labor Day - Day 2

After our Adventure up to Indiana and Michigan we thought that for day two we should check out something in Illinois.  



So we headed to the train station and took a train north to the Chicago Botanic Garden! 



Olgavie Station




We arrive - what a cute station!!


Ok - now let me tell you what this trip was really about....Picture taking!! Forrest is now getting into using my old Pentax and I use my digital camera. Therefore, you are going to see lots of pictures of different flowers because I was messing around with settings and stuff trying to perfect the lighting, etc.




It was nice because they had a shuttle bus from the train station to the gardens





 Here's a map of the gardens which turned out to be a lot larger than we had expected!



The entry...


we couldn't believe how much water there was!

Tons of Weeping Willows - love 'em!
What a Beautiful bridge!






There were some beautiful water lily's








Loved the gourds (sp?)!


pretty flowers



 
This is my attempt to get the sharp foreground with the blurry background... not bad - but not a totally clean shot -



This was my attempt at showing how massive this arbor was.




I loved all the different types of grasses.


Didn't expect to see this guy!


How cute is he?


I think I'll leave him here!!


believe it or not we spent hours going through here and only saw some of the gardens - and lucky for you these are only some of my pictures!! :-)  I hope you guys enjoy these.  On day 3 we stayed home because we were so tired of running around!!  Hope all of you had a great Labor Day -

XOXO  Mary

1 comment:

  1. It appears you're having a fantastic time thus far. Great pictures!

    Peace!...with 2 fingers;)

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger